Today we have a special guest post by image consultant Sheila Dicks of Sheila's Fashion Sense...
7 Tips to Accessorize With Style
Accessories, chosen correctly, can change an outfit from boring to fabulous in minutes. Chosen incorrectly, accessories can ruin your look. The following suggestions are a starting point to help you choose the accessories that will spice up your wardrobe.
1. Choose accessories to match your outfit, don't buy an outfit to match your accessories. Before you purchase accessories know what outfit they will go with and how you will wear them.
2. Accessories should be in balance with the weight of your clothing. For instance, if you are wearing a suit in a heavy fabric don't wear sandals, choose pumps.
3. Rings are great, but wearing too many at one time will look gaudy. For business, wear only one ring on each hand. Also, if your rings have become too tight they will create an unflattering look. Get them off and stretched to fit your finger.
4. Choose earrings that flatter your face shape. For example, if you have a long face avoid long dangling earrings. The long lines of the earrings will make the face appear longer. That style is better for those who will look better on those with round faces.
5. Eyeglasses are considered an accessory. When you wear glasses limit the accessories around your face to two.
6. Match your earrings to the style of clothes you are wearing. Pearl earrings are best worn with a dressy outfit and flashy earrings are best kept for festive, party events.
7. Shoes are a great accessory and can really make a difference to the look of an outfit. Leopard prints and shoes with designs may be difficult to fit into a wardrobe and are usually a passing trend. Wear them with an outfit that picks up one of the colors in the shoes and keep other accessories to a minimum. Don't mix prints.
Sheila Dicks is an Image and Wardrobe consultant who helps women feel more confident by dressing to suit their body type. To get tips on how to dress slimmer and find your best styles get a copy of her ebook 'Image Makeover' at http://www.how-to-dress.com or go to http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to get the Free Report ' 7 Things Your Girlfriends Won't Tell You About Beauty and Fashion'.