Well, I finally gave myself a facial yesterday and saw all the dead skin that had accumulated on my face! Eeek!
What I discovered this week from Women's Health magazine is that there are little things you can do to boost your potential throughout the day. Some of these things can be done in less than a minute!
Here's the beautifying routine they suggest:
- To de-puff eyes, try keeping a caffeinated eye gel in the fridge and dabbing it on first thing every morning. Using your finger, pat from the outer to inner corner of each eye. Try Origins GinZing ($29.50, origins.com)
- Sprinkle baking soda on a toothbrush and gently buff your lips to remove dry, flaky skin.
- About 20 minutes before you head out the door, dab on a grape-size blob of moisturizer with SPF 30. Look for a product that contains moisturizers such as glycerin or ceramides which help trap moisture in skin cells. Try Olay Professional Pro-X Age Repair Lotion with SPF 30 ($42, drugstore.com)
- Dust your face with mineral powder sunscreen to keep oil in check and reboot your SPF. A clear powder that provides long-lasting protection can be gentle enough for those with rosacea or eczema. Try Colorescience Pro Sunforgettable SPF 30 ($50, amazon.com)
- Breathe life back into your complexion by spritzing on a light moisturizing face spray. The cooling blast of hydration will be energizing plus some sprays contain skin-healthy antioxidants which block free radicals from damaging your skin. Try Sircuit Skin Molecular Mist ($36, sircuitskin.com)
- To remove makeup, reach for textured cleansing wipes which will cut through the day’s oil, grime and sunscreen and gently exfoliate at the same time. Try Aveen Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads ($8, cvs.com)
- Deeper exfoliation twice per week will rid your skin of dulling dead-cell buildup. Use a scrub with glycolic or salicylic acid and buff gently in a circular motion. Try Biore Even Smoother Microderm Exfoliator ($14, target.com)
- Use a night cream with glycerin or hyaluronic acid and peptides. Try Clinique Youth Surge Age Decelerating Night Moisturizer ($48.50, at Sephora stores)
- Once a week, apply a nutrient-rich moisture mask to your hands and feet, and wear cotton gloves and socks overnight. Try Manicure/Pedicure by OPI White Tea Mask ($15, opi.com for stores).