My hair styling tool of choice is the flat iron. If there was a fire in the house and I had two minutes to grab the necessities, I'd make sure to grab my flat iron. (My laptop would be the first thing!) Because I have thick, course hair, a hair straightener is a must have.
I recently had the opportunity to review the Conair Infiniti "You Style" (MSRP $42). This is a 2-in-1 styling iron - you can go straight...or curly!
The iron has nano tourmaline ceramic-coated plates with curved cooling plates on the side to create the curls or waves. You have a choice of three settings: Low (285-302 degrees), Medium (330 degrees), or High (360 degrees):
Because of my thick hair, I have to use the highest setting, but I don't even think 360 degrees is hot enough for my hair type. This iron would be better for thinner hair. However, my hair turned out pretty nice considering.
The Conair Infiniti "You Style" also comes with an instructional video disc that shows you how to use the iron to create curls or waves. I went for a beachy, wavy look, which took about 10 minutes to create.
How would you like to win this flat iron so you can give yourself the gift of beautiful hair this holiday season?
There are a couple ways you can enter to win...
1. "Like" the Beauty Is Within Facebook page and leave a hair styling tip on the wall.
2. Tweet the following: Enter to win the @Conair_Hair You Style flat iron from @youarebeauty (Ends 12/15) http://bit.ly/eAI2Xk #giveaway #hairstyle
- Giveaway ends 12/15/2010 at 11:59 PM
- One winner will be chosen at random via Random.org and announced on 12/16/2010
- Winner must contact me with their mailing address/delivery instructions within 72 hours. Otherwise, an alternate winner will be chosen.
- Giveaway open to U.S. residents only