When it comes to grooming, I'm all about DIY, so I've turned to the experts who can help. GEE Beauty brow guru, Natalie Gee, shares her top five tips for shaping your eyebrows:
1. Start by looking at your brows in natural light. (kitchen or even in the car are great places)
2. Think less is more when tweezing your own hairs. Tweeze one hair at a time, step back, take a look, and continue.
3. Follow the natural shape of your eyebrow line. The more natural shape the better.
4. Try not to make the brows too wide-spread by over tweezing the middle of the brows.
5. Finish by applying eyebrow gel to keep the brows in place and use the brush in an upwards motion to make the brows appear fuller.
"If your brows grow straight down, use a curved pair of cuticle scissors and snip them from underneath into perfect shape. To ease your tweezing, pull the skin taut, grab the hairs at the base as close to the skin as you can get, and gently pull."
I have Sally Hansen's Mighty Mini tweezer, which I like because it's travel size, plus it comes with a protective safety cap. There have been plenty of times when I've dug around in my makeup bag and poked my fingers with those sharp tweezers!
Here is a basic video tutorial on how to shape your eyebrows...
Make sure to subscribe via RSS or follow Beauty Is Within on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated!