Little did she know that these are not my real lashes, but I was hesitant to divulge my "ancient Chinese secret".
But I will let you in on the secret...
I've never used the word "glamour" to describe my makeup repertoire, but after trying out Salon Perfect lashes this past week, I'm feeling glamorous everyday. They're my latest beauty toys, and now I'm hooked. My lashes are virtually non-existent, so these help bring out my eyes.
These handmade lashes are available exclusively at Walmart for only $2.98, and if you pick up the June issue of All You magazine, there's a coupon for $1.50 off a set of lashes. Save that cash for a nice pair of shoes because you don't have to pay department store prices or go to a fancy salon to get premium quality lashes. Salon Perfect also offers starter packages that consist of a pair of eyelashes, eyelash glue, and applicator.
I like the self-adhesive lashes because the adhesive is black and I don't have to use eyeliner, but my skin is sensitive so whatever is in the adhesive makes my eyes itch. The glue that comes with the starter kits works fine, though.
My favorite lashes are #110S that look very natural, although I do love the Demi Wispies which give me instant glamour - especially when I'm wearing red lipstick.
I was given the Salon Perfect eyelashes kit and the issue of All You for free, and you, too, can score a kit and magazine by entering this giveaway! Simply share what makes you feel glamorous via comments below. Four winners will receive their own Salon Perfect samples kit along with an issue of All You magazine!
1) Receive one entry for commenting on this post and one bonus entry for blogging about this contest and linking to this post. Bloggers, please email your post to: maria[at]beautyiswithin.net
2) Two entries per person maximum.
3) Open to U.S. residents only.
4) Contest period is May 30, 2012 - June 8, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST
5) Four (4) winners will be selected randomly from all entries received and contacted via Facebook message or email.
6) Winner must respond within 48 hours or another winner may be selected.
Make sure to subscribe via RSS or follow Beauty Is Within on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated!