|10 inches was cut off!|
One of the easiest ways you can give yourself a completely new look is to get a haircut or new hair color. I’ve just done this drastic change myself, and I’m excited to share it with you within the next couple days. In the meantime, check out all the hair that was chopped off in the picture to the right...
So, who says that you have to shell out all that hard-earned money to get a decent haircut nowadays? You can still find great deals and save money whether your looking for hair salons in London, New York, San Francisco, or any other major city.
Here are 5 ways that you can save on your next haircut or hair service:
1. Sign up for Groupon or Living Social - If you’re not familiar with these types of sites, they send out daily deals on restaurants, travel, and other services, including spa and hair salon deals in your area. Many times you can even score 50% off a salon service.
2. Go to a beauty school - This is where I got my hair done yesterday. I was a little hesitant at first, but it actually turned out great! Beauty schools offer fantastic discounts on hair services, but you do have to take the risk that your hair may not turn out exactly the way you want it to.
3. Search through salon and spa directories - Thank goodness for the Internet where the birth of salon and spa directories has allowed us to search quickly and easily for deals. Because salons will be competing for your business, many of them will offer promos through these directories. Sidenote: These directories are great for business if you’re a hair stylist because you can take advantage of the salon software to increase exposure on the web.
4. Sign up for a salon’s newsletter or follow them on social media (Facebook/Twitter) - Many salons offer exclusive deals to their newsletter subscribers or social media followers - especially if they are a new salon looking to build their clientele.
5. Craigslist - It’s not just for selling your old furniture or finding a job. Many independent hair stylists will often post Craigslist ads offering deals on services. You may even be able to negotiate a barter for a hair cut.
How have you been able to save on a haircut or hair service? Are there any tips you’d like to add to this list?
Make sure to subscribe via RSS or follow Beauty Is Within on Twitter and Facebook to stay updated!